Re: XyWrite for Windows versus XP Pro/SP2

Reply to note from Bill Mallon  Sat, 04 Dec 2004
06:01:40 -0500

> c:
> cd \xywrite
> editor

EDITOR.EXE is the DOS program. XyDOS under XP is a piece of cake.
But Ed R.'s question is about XyWrite for Windows. The Windows
executable is XW.EXE. It's undercooked 16-bit ancient-ware, and it
doesn't run under Windows XP. At least, I can't get it to run.
However I launch it, whether from a command prompt or a Desktop
shortcut, nothing happens; no error message, nothing. Neither of
the two suggestions posted earlier (COMMAND.COM, setting Path
variable) had any effect. The "Program Compatibility Wizard" came a
cropper as well.