Re: questions

Carl Distefano wrote:
Can you elaborate on this? Are you saying that trying to open
Control Panel crashes the system if Xy is running, but not
otherwise?
Of course when I tried just now, nothing bad happened. What I THINK
did happen (so often that I wrote it off as Windows weirdness and
didn't try any more) was that Xy would lock up if CP was opened while
it was running. That may have been on my former (very underpowered,
generally rather flaky, and very cut-rate brand--PCChips) machine. It
was using integrated graphics RAM, rather that a separate VGA card,
and had only 256 Mb all told. This (an ASRock, which is Asus's low-end
line) has 512, plus 32 Mb on the Nvidia Geforce VGA card. On the other
hand, that box was the one--the ONLY one--that would let me run Xy
WYSIWYG mode in a Window. (All this under W98SE, of course.)
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx