CURSOR PROBLEMS

I have a client (a volunteer fire company) for whom I installed Xywrite 3+ some
time ago. They finally got rid of their old sloooow true blue and I installed
an ACER 80286. Xywrite is having some problems with the cursor keys. They
have the number keypad on numlock and use the individual cursor keys next to
the numlock pad. But hitting those cursor keys while in Xywrite produces an
effect as if they were using the number pad cursor keys with numlock on.
Hitting the right arrow produces a 6.????? ONly in Xywrite???!!! Any
explanations, suggestions? I know Xywrite has an intimate relationship with
the keyboard - accounting for some of its speed, and I can only guess I've got
an incompatible subsystem in the ACER bios? Is there a Xywrite fix?