Don't be the last one in!

≪ [W]e will begin shipping the Beta release
of the SmartWords editor in approximately 2-3 weeks. ≫
	--Kenneth B. Frank  Sun, 17 Mar 1999

≪ I have ordered the beta version of Smart Words, but,
after chatting with George, I don't expect to receive
it until mid-summer. ≫ --Catlyn  Sun, 21 Mar 1999

≪ That's very odd. ≫
	--Peter Evans  Sun, 21 Mar 1999

≪ It is odd, and I've sent George a message about it.
It will ship in the beginning of April. We have two other
major deliveries for 4/1, so it should follow those by a week
or two. ≫ --Kenneth B. Frank  Sun, 21 Mar 1999

≪ I'll still be surprised if that beta is in anyone's hands
before June. ≫ --me, offlist to Leslie, Wed, 23 Mar 1999

≪ My date in the Smart Words pool (snaps rubberband at June
on calendar) is: hah and hah! Monday, 06/28/99. ≫
	--Leslie Bialler , offlist, Wed, 24 Mar 1999

≪ I've always sorta liked Flag Day--such a quaint holiday--so
I'll take 14 June. ≫ --me, offlist, Wed, 24 Mar 1999

≪ When we ordered last week, we were told by the rep that
SmartWords was a "low priority for the Technology Group"
and that they are not sure when it will ship. ≫
	--Lee Sioles  Thu, 29 Apr 1999

			***

I think that the title and ring of authority have fooled
us into assuming that the hot air that blows this way comes
from the top. Shouldn't we make reality-checking announcements
with George or the stock clerk a routine practice and stop
trying to believe fairy tales?

Meanwhile, it's June. Keeping in mind that I subscribe
to the xyDigest and won't know any of today's developments
till midnight: Last one in the pool is a moldy fig.
(Anyone who can identify *that* quote *truly* is a moldy
fig.) But no fair cheating by getting inside information
from George secretly. Looks now like I was overly optimistic
about Flag Day, but we'll see. ... Ciao. 		--a

	xyWrite 3 supplements !xyWise and !xyWiz +
	Wolfgang Bechstein's seafaring adventures: