Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:28:44 -0500 (EST)
From: "Raphael Tennenbaum" mailto:raphael@xxxxxxxx
Subject: dosbox v. dosemu
To: "Xy list" xywrite@xxxxxxxx

I've been intrigued by Bob and Jeff's forays into Dosemu and Dosbox. though
it's
supposed to be easy, Dosemu never was for me, while Dosbox worked out of the
box. so I'm curious -- though I went through the message archives pretty
carefully, I may have missed something -- why use Dosemu, if Dosbox was
working okay? (printing? system resources?)

while I haven't experimented much with Dosbox past mounting the fat32 C: drive
on my Thinkpad box as C: & creating and saving a file, it certainly seems
promising.

I've rejoined the list after some years away, mostly because I'm very slowly but

perhaps inevitably migrating to Linux, since while for the moment, this beloved
OS/2 system is still functioning, the next generation of hardware is apt to make

OS/2 obsolete.

I'd played around with previous versions of Suse, but the maturity of 10.2
(YAST's
package management actually works) and the slickness of the version of KDE, and
a growing familiarity with Linux, are enough to give me confidence I could move
over in less than a few days' time.

-rafe t.

More new features than ever. Check out the new http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm?ncid=aolcmp00050000000003!