Re: DST (was Minimal XYWRITE & DOS Virtualization)

Robert Holmgren wrote:

Because the fundamental concept of what constitute the beginning and end dates
of DST has changed in the USA, by law. You would think, in unsupported
versions of Windows (past "End-of-Life", by M$'s definition) e.g. Win2K, that
changing the TZ environment variable would take care of everything. But it
doesn't. Or maybe it would if I rebooted; but I don't want to reboot.
I doubt even that would work. M$ had a long tractate on how to fix
this in pre-XP systems. It involved editing the registry at some
length. (As I said, had I been managing 20 or so PCs, I might have
tried it. But for 10--whoops, forgot to fix the laptops--I decided the
manual kludge was quicker and safer.) I saved a copy of the page as
plain text, if you'd like to see it. You will no doubt understand it;
I should have been going in blind obedience--something I don't relish
when I don't trust my authority more than I do M$.

---
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx