Re: Xy on Mac revisited-Parallel Universe

J R FOX wrote:
Most any sort of game is
probably far more demanding (colors, sound and motion
at a correct speed, animation) for emulation purposes
than any word processor we've ever seen. If that can
be done, I have to think there will be hope for us for
some time to come.
One would think so. But as far as we know, NO one has gotten Xy
running satisfactorily on Linux yet. Mac, yes. though heretofore it's
been by using the Virtualization engine that Microsludge bought (and
will either discontinue or make it not work for DOS; mark my words).
So getting it going under Parallels is a BIG step forward.
And gamers are a large, vociferous group that the industry might
hesitate to antagonize. Xywriters aren't.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx