Re: Electronic Journal XPL?

Reply to note from PMYG@xxxxxxxx Tue, 29 Jul 97 02:23:21 +0000

-> I'm interested in customizing XyWrite so that it can
-> automatically generate an electronic journal for me.
->
-> What I mean by this: I need XyWrite to open a new or pre-
-> existing document, place a date- and time-stamp at the point
-> where new text will begin, type what notes I need to type, then
-> close the document by placing another date- and time-stamp at
-> the close of the document.

If you use Xy4 or XyWrite for Windows, take a look at a SmartSet
routine called LOG http://users.datarealm.com/ammaze/xy/LOG.ZIP. It
does exactly what you describe, except for the closing date and time
stamp, which is an easy matter to add. (If you're unsure how, write
me privately and I'll lend a hand.)

Another SmartSet routine, called DATETIME
http://users.datarealm.com/ammaze/xy/DATETIME.ZIP, produces a more
elaborate stamp, which includes the day of the week.

Individual SmartSet routines or the complete package can be
downloaded from XyWWWeb http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/.

Regards,
Carl Distefano