Re: NB filter question

Quotes from 2 sources:

"We've all developed work-arounds
> for things that even XyWrite wouldn't do.

Right. And often, in doing those workarounds, you find that XyWrite can do
something you didn't even know it could do. I'm still finding things out
aboutit.

> Since the software developers
> haven't yet learned to listen to the users, we have to do those things."

Comments:

Dave Erickson *did* listen to users, to the extent that he put a very rich programming language into
the code base. A couple times I showed him stuff I'd written (because the menus/dialogs were being
developed in XPL), and he said something to the effect that "If I wanted that feature in the
product, I would have put it into the assembly code myself."

The point is twofold:
- We all -- developers and users -- have different visions of what XyWrite can/should be.
- XyWrite was designed to provide, through XPL, many extensions to how it operates so that those
visions can be fulfilled.

One of the great pleasures many of us have had has been to torture or trick XyWrite into doing
something it was seemingly incapable of.

Tim Baehr