Re: Colours

Daniel Say on colors:

>     Dull white (as opposed to bright white) on dark grey
>     is pleasant on the WinNT screen. On the Dos box I work
>     in a monochrome screen, in the OS/2 box (a better DOS
>     than DOS) I use bright-yellow on off-white (not yet grey
>     until the phosphors die).

The main reason to stay with the Dos version!

I prefer dull white (aka light grey?) (mode 23) on blue on dark days and
black on grey on light days (mode 112). I use white on cyan (63) for bold;
white on lavender (95) for italics and white on red (79) for superscripts.
Redline inserts are black on green (32) and redline deletes are red on black
(4).

Pattern designed when running DOS 5.0 on a 486 33 mhz machine ca 1992. Carried
over to a Pentium 75mhz under Win 3.hideous in 1995, upgraded to Win95 the
following year and still going strong on a 550mhz Pentium III under NT as of
last month. (No problems running XyDos under NT so far.)

"Until the Phosphors Die," a romantic comedy starring Sarah Michelle Gellar
and Buddy Lee. Opens Christmas day in selected Theatres. In wide release the
following week.

Visit us on the web at:

http://www.phosphors.com/

>     Xywrite, a tool for thought.

Or a thinking person's tool.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
212-666-1000 x7109 (phone) 212-316-3100 (fax)