Re: NB filter question

Leslie had said:

> >Yeah. I have those old WFW filters. They worked reasonably well although the
> >converted file is always full of redundant codes. But: I have macros to
> take care
> >of that situation.

Richard replies:

> Which is the point I was making earlier. We've all developed work-arounds
> for things that even XyWrite wouldn't do.

Right. And often, in doing those workarounds, you find that XyWrite can do
something you didn't even know it could do. I'm still finding things out about
it.

> Since the software developers
> haven't yet learned to listen to the users, we have to do those things. To
> condemn Nota Bene because it doesn't have one filter misses the ultimate
> point: It will do much of what XyWrite did as well as adding nice touches
> like support for long file names (hooray!). And, like XyWrite, it can be
> customized. It may not be our ideal, but at least it is a step in the right
> direction. As long as the programmers at TTG seem intent on thwarting Ken
> Frank's will, it's the compromise we'll have to accept.

Well Anne Putnam seems quite responsive. Nota Bene seems to value its customers.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
212-666-1000 x7109 (phone) 212-316-3100 (fax)