Re: XyWhere?

Hi Bob -- I don't know how long you've been on the list, but it's
great to see you aboard -- there are some fine xpl things in the
archives here, and I'm sure the people here would be delighted to use
some of the tools I remember that you'd developed and uploaded to the
Compuserve library.

Mr. Frank seems to have all sorts of ideas about cramming XyWin into a
legal niche, incorporating database management of document lists and
case-management tools. Some of the more, er, ironic members of this
group are tempted to think that he's just seen too many Visual Basic
demonstrations. While it's possible he might really be holed up in a
Fortress of Solitude, working on the great killer wp-integrated db app
of our time, I think even the most indulgent on the list acknowledge
he has not really done more than give Xywrite lip service, at least in
the last two years. At the very least his announcing a vaporware beta
and vanishing from the list is not appreciated.

I haven't heard much encouraging about the present generation of
XyWin, frankly, and would suspect that you'd be better off using Word
for your Windows gui needs -- I use this under Win-OS2 when I forced
to, Describe under OS/2 usually.

Regards,

  Rafe T.
  Readme @http://www.quicklink.com/~rtenn