Re: XyWhere?

On Sun, 18 Aug 1996 17:24:04 -0700 (PDT), Bob Brody wrote:

>I've been out of the XyWrite loop for some time, developing some
>projects in Unix and using GNU Emacs et al., gawk and/or perl text
>processing scripting, but am returning to some DOS/Windows projects
>and would like to pick up again with XyWrite.

Bob:

Although we've made no headway here, I believe the strongest development path would have been for
TTG to release a
fully object-oriented, WPS-aware version for OS/2. As it stands, we're using an old and clunky OS/2
port of III+ as our word
processor. The vendor, CText, will probably move the newspaper user base to Windows NT 4.0 and MS
Word in light of
TTG's lack of response to their needs. An example: one needs to load a specific font for each
XyWrite display iteration.

- Andy