ATT etc.

support, and got the Outlook or nothing story. The trick, Patricia, is to go to AT&T's WURD site which offers extensive support for any reasonable configuration you can think of -- even, for example, using an old email client without SSL support. > I have both Opera and Mozilla and would like to try either or both as > browsers, so again, I don't want an ISP that's going to insist on > Internet Exploiter. I use Opera fine with AT&T. It's just a connection -- there's no enforcement of any particular client, though there is a little gotcha here and there. However, if you do a lot of browsing you will relatively frequently come to a point where something simply will not work (see for example the New York Court of Appeals search site) with Opera -- and you must use Explorer. And of course, once you do, the seed of corruption is sown and can scarecely if ever be quite eradicated. Speaking of Explorer, does anyone know of an add-on that will make it save your windows and bring them back to where they were when you restart? (a la Opera?) And to answer my question about slow task-switching in XP: this only occurs if you use the Powertoy enhanced task switcher. Disable it, and you are restored to normalcy. Finally, if you really dislike MS that much, there's always Mac Classic. But browsing is always slower on a Mac than on a PC with the current hardware limitations that Apple is under. ATT is a vile company: year after year, I am besieged with calls offering me their service, and there are always significant lies. I have twice switched, and switched off within days. Vile, vile, felonious people. Ahd customer support from Hades if not below. But I have noticed that the Wireless and Internet divisions seem to be run in a far more ethical fashion. So, while you may not want to support a bad company, it may be productive to support the good divisions within a bad company.