Re: easy way to print from xywrite

--- On Sun, 1/18/09, Andy Turnbull  wrote:

> I don't print from xywrite because my usb printer
> doesn't recognize it and
> my laptop prints only through usb.

This reminds me of a related question. (I'd try XySearch first, if it was back up and running . . .
) The (single) Par. Port in my Shuttle stopped working a while back. I may have to replace the
part, provided there is not also something wrong on the MB. The later model Shuttle I've not quite
gotten around to assembling has no Par. Port. (I could put a port card into its lone PCI slot, but
would prefer to reserve that slot for something else.) In anticipation of at least the latter
problem, I got a USB - to - Parallel adapter. And so, my question: how does one fire something out
of the USB port with a DOS program like Xy, to see if this adapter can do what it claims to do ? I
seem to recall there being some sort of port remapping / redirection service in Windows. But, even
if I'm right, would Xy play ball with it ? Has anyone pulled this off ?

 Jordan