Re. OT question...

 I am having problems with blocking off text. My OS Windows XP (Pro).
 When I try to block-off a sentence, paragraph or more, my cursor
 rarely starts the operation at where I want it to start. It starts in
 mid-sentence or paragraphy, and sometimes even skips about and selects
 a single word. Is this a software or hardware problem? I've not
 done anything of late to cause this, as far as I can tell, and I do
 have an anti-virus programme running.

 I've gone to Control Panel, Mouse, and tried various things, but
 I cannot seem to correct the matter.

 Any help will be appreciated.

 M. W. Poirier