Unzipping (was: SmartSet)

On 13-9-98 in reply to my query "how does one unzip zipped files?" Peter
Evans wrote:

>Before any number of people spend their time answering this, I'd point out
>that you asked here on 21 September 1997 and I answered here on 21
>September 1997.

I was embarrassed to begin with & now am (quite justly) humiliated. I'm
the sort of person who, confronted with a PC problem that he can't solve,
tends first to give up and then to forget that he'd ever tackled it.

However, Evans's web page ought to tell me what I need to know, and I
promise not to waste the List's (or his) time again until I've investigated
it.

Sorry.

Eric Van Tassel