Buggy Jumps?

Dear SysOp: Here's a much shorter/simpler version of the buggy JuMP routine I
gave you a few days ago. This just puts an Ascii-2 at the beginning of current
sentence, and then attempts to return to original ®CP¯ place. LDPM it on a
key. The last instruction - "BC jmp ®PV02¯XC " - works; but as "BX jmp
®PV02¯Q2 " it does NOT work, in either XP or WG displays. I've made the
routine deliberately prolix, to avoid any possible problem with syntax. Thus,
e.g., ®CP¯ is not manipulated directly:
 ®IF®CP¯>=®PV02¯¯...
 but rather read into a S/G first, and then the S/G is compared:
 ®SX03,®CP¯¯®IF®PV03¯>=®PV02¯¯...
 Note, however, that this is really unnecessary, because ®VA!03¯=4. In other
words, ®CP¯ CharacterPositions are evaluated as *numbers*, not strings [because
 VA!n=0 if string literal
 VA!n=2 if SUbroutine
 VA!n=4 if numeric expression
 VA!n=255 if uninitialized S/G ]
 and thus ®CP¯ is properly compared to ®PV02¯, not to ®IS02¯. Anyway,
give it
a shot, pls, & let me know -- confirm that my computer ain't broke!

*Enclosed File: JMP.BUG