Re: Dictionaries

Robert:

After nearly two month's absence just logged in and found your message. Thanks

 >> Maybe I'm missing something, but ... why can't you maintain two separate
 >> PERS.SPL files, e.g. a FRAN.EPL and an ENG.SPL, and then -- using a brief
 >> macro to keep it simple and automatic -- toggle these personal wordlists
 >> according to UD=US or UD=FRANCAIS? If you found that loading FRAN.EPL did
 >> not wipe ENG.SPL from memory, you could first issue the command "UNLOAD
 >> 3", which ought to remove all the spelling code from memory, then ...

I am not a heavy users of such macros, so "simple" has quite different meanings
 and I did not think about going this way. Can not even find the UNLOAD
command in my XY4 documentation !

I have to find a way of checking for the current state of the UD variable (just
briefly decribed in the "Making the Transition" document), which is defined in
the beginning of each of my texts (could not find the appropriate VA setting)
and then compare it with the VA$SP file. I cannot use the VA$SP alone as I may
have the French loaded and want to spell in english.

I will have to get my book on XY macros and learn how to write: 1) unload the
existing dictionary; 2) check for the presence of UD=US or UD=FRANCAIS; 3) load
the appropriate spelling dictionary; 4) call the spell program

Thanks very much for your idea.

 -- Michel Slivitzky