Re: program starts to write to screen

≪ Ihave a xywrite program that runs and about half way
throuh the program it starts writing the program into the
file, and gives an error invalid format while it is running. ≫
--Wib Forry | York Graphic Services
Re: program starts to write to screen

Wib: If my guess is right, you're doing some long typographic
conversion with xpl and the pgm's length has overtaxed
memory. At some logical place (or places), break it up:

{if{whatever}} BC run chain.1 XC {ex}
{ei}{if{whatever else}} BC run chain.2 XC {ex}
{ei}{LBmore}

How you do it depends on the pgm's structure.
In some instances you also might want come back:

{if{whatever}} BC run chain.1 XC {ei}{lb
}{if{whatever else}} BC run chain.2 XC {ex}{ei} etc
{LBmore}

When the file named chain.1 finishes, unless it ends with
an {ex1} the pgm will pick up up where it left off in the
parent pgm. Also, you can just break it up and go from the
end of one section to the beginning of the next. The smaller
you can make each subpgm, the better--never over 8k.

Email me if this isn't clear. ... Ciao. 	--a

http://www.escape.com/%7Eadpf/_xypro.html ===============================