Re: Scriptwriting templates? macros?

≪ Say, does the XyWWWeb page, or any other reference,
point to any other shareware or freeware caches of add-ons
for XyWrite[...]? (Especially, for XyWrite III?) ≫ --
Re: Scriptwriting templates? macros?

Hi, Paul. No link to my xyWrite 3 site from XyWWWeb?
I'm shocked! Shocked!

You can find a set of utilities packaged as !FILEpro
at the url in my sig, a few other loose xpl utilities,
an html front end called !HTMXpro, PostScript stuff, and
a coupla .EXEs I've written that might interest xyWrite users.
Most of the xpl stuff requires support of a light overlay
that profiles the CMline string, cursor position and location,
and insert/overstrike mode prelaunch and restores them
at the end of (or anywhere in) an xpl pgm or kbd sequence.
(Conventional wisdom declared it couldn't be done in xyW 3,
meaning that the wise men couldn't do it.) The system--named,
what else, !PROfile--also includes some runtime libraries,
so as not to burden memory with HLP bloat. In case you want
to use !PROfile in your own xpl, documentation is copious.

I uploaded a xyW accessory .EXE yesterday that would be
mundane except that it generates a xyW3 xpl file that's
a genuine tmp: when run it tells what FIZFIX1A did, then
self-destructs. FIZFIX1A.EXE is a new EOF zapper (replaces
CC-1A) and stored-file size reporter that makes it possible
to get an open file's stored size without having to go to
another window to list a dir and do a lot of tedious xpl
housekeeping. The idea is to do FIZFIX1A/run !FIZFIX.TMP
from an xpl shell, and the package includes an xpl manager
and a few such shells, including a !FIZDEMO. Another shell
uses good ol' MAIL.PRN to tyf a newline at each line end
etc. to prep files for upload to the 'net or eof-free
to the Web. Another displays a prompt of unsaved/stored
char counts+cursor position--unless you've started a block,
in which case the prompt is a char count of the block+cursor
position (a variation on the wc prompt), that might be useful,
say, to learn conveniently how unsaved edits or adds will
affect a file's size. All generously documented.

No scriptwriting utilities, alas. I've no need and my
friend the novelist/screenwriter is joined at the hip
to one of those Word add-ons that he says everyone else
in Hollywood uses too. When he wants a change he calls the
developer down in San Diego, who customizes it for him.

But one !FILEpro utility is relevant to another xyW 3
discussion (hello, David Rosenthal). !!! is a STARTUP.INT/SHUTDOWN
extension for both sessions and files, so named because !!!
is a more concise name than startup.int. All my startup.int
does is run !!! with a unique arg. Hit the !!! shutdown key,
then choose a second key that will shell out to the system
prompt or quit xyWrite and open the next session where you
left off. With a file displayed, additional choices are abort
or store with EOF or without/in any case, list the file's dir.
With no file displayed, other choices are close the active
window or quit/forget end-of-session state. When you hit
the open-file key, !!! does a lot of testing, e.g., is
the same file open in another window? If yes !!! asks for
confirmation that that's OK. Encoded? It offers to decode.
Zipped? Unzip? Another binary whose name you might want to
grab, then abort? Open as read-only? Looks like a text file
and displayed size differs significantly from stored size:
Strip midfile eof? XPL: lc code, since I find all-caps xpl
incomprehensible (an artifact of a brief fling with xyDos
4). Etc. The whole concept is a tribute to my first word
processor, LEWP, which the trade press hated and users loved
for an interface rich with features that worked like !!!.

I hope you'll take a look and find something useful even if
the only thing directly relating to scripts are *.kbd SHIFT
table space and return sequences that cap the previous word
(skip the initial AR if you don't use xyW3.56+ and load a
PERS.SPL) ...

	57=ARGTXDDFPWDF&C,u,c, ,XCBC&0DE, ,XD
... or graf:
	28=ARGTXDDFPPDF&C,u,c, ,XCBC&0DE,[ascii_13],XD

Without !PROfile &C and &0, which preserve and restore
the CMline ch[], va$cp, va$cl, and va$ti, make that:

	57=ARGTXDDFPWDFGHELSI,u,c, ,XCGHBDBDBD,CI,DE, ,XD
and:
	28=ARGTXDDFPPDFGHELSI,u,c, ,XCGHBDBDBD,CI,DE,[ascii_13],XD

(if you prefer to work in Insert, omit the ,CI,). Doing
the same thing in a way that would preserve a block would
be easy but is beyond a .kbd macro. ... Ciao. 	--a

http://www.escape.com/%7Eadpf/_xypro.html ===============================