Re: WordPerfect 10

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

> WordPort--at least the old DOS version I have, and Leslie, I think it was,
> said a while ago
> that they refused to correct the error even when it was pointed out to
> them--makes mice feet of the ANSI characters (insists on "converting" em
> dashes to mini-hyphens and getting the open and close quotes all wrong).

The problems (regular GPFs here, on certain types of conversions) continued
throughout their Win-16 and Win-32 versions. Similar results on different
platforms, as I've run various upgrade versions under OS/2 or NT. In my
contacts with them, the WordPort people have been defensive and denying,
unwilling to acknowledge problems much less correct them. They have
subscriptions, or separately offer 4 for-charge updates a year . . . but
they have seen the last dime they will see from me.

Jordan