Re XySearch is unavailable

I have most of the posts since 1997 or so on my own hard drive. If
anyone really needs some particular range of posts by date, I could
probably supply them. Unfortunately, I just don't have time to do manual
searches, esp. as these files are full of the "trace-route" info (that
stuff at the beginning of an e-mail that lists every node on the Net
that it passed through), not to mention the redundancies caused by
MIMEfied e-mails and people's habit of quoting the whole previous thread
with every post.
Unless someone with greater XPL skills than I can come up with a way to
not only SE for a string, but find and define the whole e-mail that
contains it, copy it to another file, and so on? Personally, I don't
think it's doable, simply because of the redundancies, and also because,
I have noticed lately, some e-mail apps give sender's name first, then
date; others reverse that order. So there's no textual pattern to search
for to find the end and beginning of a given e-mail. Needs a human eyeball.

Patricia M. Godfrey