Speed

In exploring differences and similarities between Xy 3+, 4, and
Xywin XPL, it impresses me not only that XPL code runs equally
well in all versions but how much faster 3+ is than 4.

For instance, in an exact change XPL 3+ is about 4 times faster
than either version of 4 (which is consistent with other test
results I have had). Perhaps just as important, there's no speed
loss between Xy 4 and Xywin.

On the other hand, native commands such as ci seem as fast as
ever regardless of version. But I do wonder what TTG did to slow
down the XPL.

Even so, I'd probably use Xywin on a regular basis if it didn't
look like a year-long project to bring the DLG to order.
I suppose I expect that whatever it takes to bring
ANSI compatibility and decent fonts to Xywin will also change the
rest of the program.

--Chet
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx