Re: Footnotes/Endnotes formatting

1) I have been using the FN1{period}{tab} method for years typesetting the South African Journal of Economic History. It is a very simple exercise to convert all FN1s to FN1{period}{tab}s.

2) REP/LB is definitely the way to go for page numbers in the endnotes. On screen it disconcertingly
shows up as p. 00000. However, it prints the correct page number. As Patricia suggests, a simple XPL
routine can put in the unique LBs and REPs where required.

Jon Inggs

On 5 Jan 2008, at 17:24, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
> As for getting the page number, the officially approved way to do that
> is to use a REP command (4-112 in the CG). There are, however, two
> problems with that method. 1. Each label has to be unique. I think one
> could use an XPL incrementing number loop to automatically embed the
> label. BUT 2. In my experience, REP just doesn't work. What prints out
> is "see p. 000." I don't know whether that's caused by OOM or what.

  Jon Inggs                           Telephone: (012) 429-4464
  Economics Dept                      Fax:      (012) 429-3433
  PO Box 392
  UNISA
  0003
This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer.
Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
≪≪gwavasig≫≫
≪≪ gwavasig ≫≫