Re: Xy-Dosemu (and Dosbox) non-Postscript printer [Vista printer issues]

Paul Lagasse wrote:
Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Paul Lagasse wrote:
Add a printer wizard. I stopped WinXP from automatically finding the printer and instead worked through the printer selection menus to identify my printer.
Nope. Tried that jut now, using the Generic driver (since I don't
have an HP printer here). Enabled pooling, but when I tried to print
from Xy (having setp to the ASCII.PRN), I got printer not ready. And
when I did printf, and then tried either
copy d:\xy4\fo.tmp lpt1
or
type d:\xy4\fo.tmp>lpt1
I got
Cannot find the file specified. The "file" was, of course, lpt1; cmd.exe could definitely find d:\xy4\fo.tmp.
I've redone what I originally did in XP to see if I could figure anything out that might be helpful, and there are two things I noticed this time around.
I need to add one more thing, which I'd forgotten about, and which
probably affects the utility of this workaround for you (assuming you
can get it to work). I had originally set the nonexistent LPT1's
printer's print processor to TEXT, because I did not have an appropriate
Xy printer file for the Samsung printer. And in reworking through this,
I find can't get LTP1 to work with RAW (the standard WinPrint setting).
But with it set to Text, I can print from Xy and from a DOS prompt. (And
finally, and oddly, in order to get this to work again, I had to
reinstall my printer driver first. I don't get that.)

My apologies, Patricia, for not remembering this sooner.

Paul