Re: Inside the World's Greatest Keyboard

> Reply to note from "Brian Henderson"  Sun,
> 21 Jun 2009 09:42:42 -0700
>
> > Since there are a number of keyboard fanatics among the group,
> > I thought I'd pass this along. Enjoy.
> >
> > http://www.pcworld.com/printable/article/id,147939/printable.html

	Article is a paen, but...
	Keyboards are often stored jumbled together, upright, in a box,
	and Model M's are notorious for losing the lower key
	caps and unfeeling souls not noticing as they draw
	them out of a mix of storage cartons.
	I lost a shift key that way, and the spring came out.
	Opening the keyboard requires a very narrow walled
	nut-driver to bit the case hole where the nut is,
	and these are hard/difficult to find.
	Lexington sells blank keycaps, clear keycap, and
	the spring-on-the-base-pad if you ask them.

	The ClickyKeyboards.com and others have a variety of
	other notes and the take-apart info. Don't.

> Carl Distefano wrote:
> I suppose I could try a folding
> keyboard, but they look so flimsy to me.

	Folding means like the Palm Pilot keyboards
	or the rubber ones you can roll up?

	I use the rubber roll up one for carrying with
	a laptop, and use if for the magnums as they
	laptop keyboard is only suitable for short notes.
	They seem to lose the grid connection for the
	edge system keys, but the basic alphabet works
	fine.
	I think that they have been a marketing failure
	as they show up far too often in the exit ailes
	of stores at prices approaching 10 dollars down
	from their $20-40 initial prices.