Re: Thanks to Carl

>Oh, dear, and with not even a capital "C". A good thing I offered cognac, then....

Maybe. But allow a word for champagne. Encyclopædia Britannica says:
http://www.britannica.com/bcom/eb/article/9/0,5716,22699 1,00.html

EU regulations prohibit the use of the word champagne if the sparkling wine
does not originate from Champagne, France. My personal favorite is:
http://www.veuve-clicquot.com/ (This site even checks your legal age
in French before entering!) But a good substitute is cava, a champagne-style beverage and an excellent
value (four times more affordable). My personal favorite is:
http://www.codorniu.es/. This what I drink most often. Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx