Re: Editing Footnotes

Mr. Holmgren,

Let me see if I have this right. When you edit your footnote, it automatically
switches to a Formatted (SP) view, or at least gives the appearance of doing
so, despite the view present in the mother document? If this is the case, I
can see where this would be a colossal pain. My experience here has been that
the footnote, when edited with the FUNC EF or Shift F11 command, takes on the
view of the mother document despite the default set by the DT command. Before
I check any other settings, can you tell me what your default DT setting is and
whether you have set lines to automatically wrap in Draft view? I tried an
experiment using version 4.015, with a text point size of 12 point and a
footnote point size of 8 point (both using Dutch font) and found that not only
did my text wrap to fit when editing the footnote, the view in the command
window was the same as in the mother document. I also tried this in version
4.016 with the same results. Unloading the printer driver didn't affect the
outcome either. Again, I'd like to start with the DT setting and then go from
there. On another note, regarding the keyboard file, I have someone else in the
department working on this problem. He is talking to Jim about this and so I
hope to have some solution for this soon. Regards, Kevin Duval