Re: Getting an LPT4 on XP

Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  Sun, 13
Mar 2005 10:59:37 -0500

> You will note that he says LPT1, so apparently it's true that
> XP doesn't support more than 1 LPT (or possibly 2 if one is a
> network printer).

It supports physical ports LPT1 through LPT3. Says so right there
in Help (I realize, Patricia, that you're not running XP).

With all due respect for this group, Harry, have you looked for
answers in the obvious places? Start with Start > Help and Support
> Printing and faxing > [+]Printing (click on plus sign to pull down
further options > [+]Drivers, ports, fonts, memory and other options
(click plus sign) > Ports and protocols. There is an article called
"To add a port". If that doesn't help, select Related topics (at
bottom of screen) and read "To add a local port". You can also pull
up these items with the Help search facility.

If you're still stumped, move on to the M$ Knowledge Base, at
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1. Set the product to
Win XP and search away.

Still at a loss? Post a question to one of the M$ XP boards, at
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups.mspx.

No luck there? Search Usenet, easily accessible via Google Groups.

C'mon, Harry, you can do it! And after all this time, you still
haven't answered Patricia's Printing 101 question: Why not LPT1?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx