Re: XYDOS and XYWIN

Jim Besser:

The XW screen fonts are set by Windows. I am not fond of them,
compared with the old-fashioned XY font which I read in yellow on
blue, but they are certainly legible. I should look into
resetting the Windows display colors.

In my Gateway DX-66V 16MB RAM system, XW loaded with a 140+K text
file leaves 73% of system resources, 73% of the GDI heap, and 79%
of the user heap, as well as 380K of system memory, free. XYDOS
running full-screen with the same file gives 80%, 80%, 90%, and
392K. If you need Windows functionality, the difference is a
small price to pay.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania