Re: FAT16 on NTFS--semi-off topic

Robert wrote:
> XP (NTFS) to simulate or be FAT16?

Simulate, no. Be, yes.

I'll bet CB86 would work on
CDFS. You could make an ISO of it with MKISOFS, then mount it with Daemon
Tools as an emulated CD (for speed)?

What is CB86, anyway?
CB86 is a C-Basic compiler for the 80x86 family of chips. You remember
C-Basic, right? Circa 1980. CB86 is the up-to-date (circa 1986)
modernization of C-Basic to produce .exe files that run on DOS.
Actually, I underestimated my problem. It's not just with FAT-16, but also
needing to run from a DOS-boot. Evidence: in Win98, I open a DOS box, log
on to my g: drive, which is FAT-16, go to the right directory (\cb) and try:
CB86 TEST.BAS

I get an error message: "FCB unavailable."
But that works fine if shut down,boot only as far as DOS (the DOS on my C:\ drive, which is v. 7.10) then go to G: and \CB and do the same thing.
So I'm fine as long as I keep my old Desktop, and can reboot it into DOS.
But eventually, I'd like to reclain that under-desk space and throw the old
thing out. Which would seem to require that I could boot into DOS 7.1 (or
earlier version) on my laptop. But I'm not willing to do much in the way of
repartioning the laptop. Hmmm, maybe I can get DOS onto a CD, then tell the
Setup to boot from the CD. That's worth trying.
; AutoHotkey Version: 1.04x
; Language:    English
; Platform:    XP
; Author:     Binswanger
;
SetBatchLines, -1 ; this is supposed to speed it up
#MaxHotKeysPerInterval 3000
#UseHook
SetCapsLockState, AlwaysOff
SetNumLockState, AlwaysOff
SetStoreCapsLockMode, off
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
SetKeyDelay -1
SetTimer, WatchActiveWindow, 100

;;; ************ short-term test area *************
numpadhome::send {Home}
numpadpgup::send {End}
:o:r::Regards,{ENTER}Harry{ENTER}
^B::Send Regards,{ENTER}HB{ENTER}
*RWin::
 Suspend Permit
 SetKeyDelay -1
 Send {Blind}{RAlt down}
Return
*RWin up::
 Suspend Permit
 SetKeyDelay -1
 Send {Blind}{RAlt up}
Return
;
;;; ***********************************************
;;;            Table=
[::Send {BS}
]::Send {DEL}
Insert::Send !{Space}n
Pause:: ; Set Pause button to do the suspend
StaySuspended := not StaySuspended ; Invert boolean value.
;if StaySuspended
	Suspend On
return
ScrollLock:: ; Set ScrollLock to end the suspend
  Suspend Off
Return
F1::
IfWinActive, PuTTY
  Send hb{Enter}
Else
  Send {F1}
Return
F2::
IfWinActive, PuTTY
  Send at80153{Enter}
Else
  Send {F2}
Return
Send at80153{Enter}
F3::Send Harry{Space}
F4::Send Binswanger
F5::Send 160 E. 38th St.
F6::Send Apt. 16H
F7::Send New York
F8::Send nnnnnn{TAB}
F9::Send 10016
F10::Send hb@xxxxxxxx
F11::
IfWinActive, Eudora by QUALCOMM
  Send, ^m ; check mail in Eudora
Else
IfWinActive, Firefox
  Send !vss{ENTER}i
Return
F12::
IfWinActive, Eudora by QUALCOMM
  Send ^t ; send mail in Eudora
Else
IfWinActive, Firefox
  Send ^-
Return
Browser_Search::
  Run Find c:\
  Sleep 300
Return
Browser_Favorites::
  Run freecell.exe
  Sleep 300
  Send {F2}
Return
Launch_Mail::Run Explore c:
Media_Next::MsgBox Media_Next Button
Browser_Home::MsgBox Harry: `nUse Alt with this to reboot`n--or Alt+Shift to force a reboot
Media_Stop::Send 212-983-6429
;  ============================
;;;                   Table=Ctrl
^j::Send {LEFT}
^;::Send {RIGHT}
^v::Send {DOWN}
^t::Send {UP}
^h::Send {HOME}
^g::Send {END}
^w::Send ^{RIGHT}+^{LEFT}{DEL}
^y::Send {Home}+{END}{DEL}
^]::Send +{END}{DEL}
;^a::Send !{F4}
^3::Send +{RIGHT}^x{Right}^v
^4::Send, =| HB: |={LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}
^5::Send ^a!exe
^PgDn::Send ^+{END}{DEL}
^NumPadDel::Send ^+{END}{DEL}
;;  ========================
;;                  Table=Shift
+F2::Send {Home}+{END}
+F3::Send +{DOWN}+{END}
+[::Send [
+]::Send ]
;;  ========================
;;                  Table=Alt
!a::Send ^a
!k::KeyHistory
![::Send +[  ; have to do it this way to get it to put out {
!]::Send +]  ; ditto
!r:: ; RELOAD = alt-R
IfWinActive, HBSCRIPT.AHK - Notepad
{
  WinMenuSelectItem, , , File, Save ; Save the current file.
  Reload
}
return
!NumPadDel::Send, ^+{END}{DEL}
!Browser_Home::Shutdown 2
;  ========================
;
^+D::Send ^+D ; to get thru to smartboard         Table=Ctrl+Shift
^+H::Send hb@xxxxxxxx ; extra way to put out hb@xxxxxxxx
^+R:: ;
IfWinActive Eudora by QUALCOMM
 Send ^+R
Return
^+1::Send 4271382699251662 ; works better than smartboard
^+x::Send Okay
;  ========================
;                   Table=Alt+Shift
!+a::
IfWinActive, Microsoft Excel
  Send ^{Home}^+{END}^+{Up}
Return
;
!+e::Edit  ; show keystroke history
!+Browser_Home::Shutdown 6

;  ========================
WatchActiveWindow:
If WinActive("Xy 1") or WinActive("Editor.exe") or WinActive("Nota
Bene")
{
    Suspend On
    StaySuspended := false
}
else if not StaySuspended ; <<< Untested, but hopefully enough.
	Suspend Off
Return
;*Capslock::Send {LControl down}
;*Capslock up::Send {LControl up}
;For these, must send first. In addition, {LControl down} is
;^j::Send {LControl up}{LEFT}{LControl down}
;^;::Send {LControl up}{RIGHT}{LControl down}
;^v::Send {LControl up}{DOWN}{LControl down}
;^t::Send {LControl up}{UP}{LControl down}
;^h::Send {LControl up}{HOME}{LControl down}
;^g::Send {LControl up}{END}{LControl down}
;;------------ End of section for non-remapped:
;;-- be sure to comment out the duplicate defs above

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx