Re: "...XyWrite to its knees" -Reply

Don't hold your breath. There was a discussion here a few
weeks back about placing XyWrite III in the public domain a-la
DR-DOS. Kenny Frank of TTG was pretty, well, FRANK about
the fact that the computer code in XyWrite was proprietary, and
forms the basis for their products, so he was loathe to put it out
like this.

I can see his point. When XyWrite was "rescued" by TTG from
the shambles of the Signature/IBM debacle a good portion of
what was Signature was re-written by TTG to be turned into
XyWrite 4.

>>> Michael Norman  03/13/97
01:45pm >>>
At 12:07 PM 3/13/97 EST, Carl Distefano wrote:
>...The problem is an
>embarrassment that absolutely MUST be fixed in SmartWords
and (dare we
>hope?) one valedictory, slam-bang revision -- v4.10 finally? --
of
>Xy4DOS.

Indeed, dare we? Is there any way to effect such an action, a
terminal but
nearly perfect version of Xy4DOS? If TTG is deaf to such a plea
or not at
all sanguine about such a prospect, would the former Xy
programmers on this
list, perhaps subsidized by the rest of us, take up the task?

Michael Norman                 Voice: 212-998-7964

New York University               Fax:  212-995-4148

Deptartment of Journalism            E-Mail:
normanm@xxxxxxxx
 and Mass Communications
10 Washington Place
New York, NY 10003