Re: "...XyWrite to its knees"

** Reply to note from Michael Norman  Thu, 13 Mar 97 18:45:30 +0000

> At 12:07 PM 3/13/97 EST, Carl Distefano wrote:
> >...The problem is an
> >embarrassment that absolutely MUST be fixed in SmartWords and (dare we
> >hope?) one valedictory, slam-bang revision -- v4.10 finally? -- of
> >Xy4DOS.
> >

> Indeed, dare we? Is there any way to effect such an action, a terminal but
> nearly perfect version of Xy4DOS? If TTG is deaf to such a plea or not at
> all sanguine about such a prospect, would the former Xy programmers on this
> list, perhaps subsidized by the rest of us, take up the task?

Are there really "former Xy programmers" on this list? (Not XPLers, but
people who could hack EDITOR.EXE, given the chance.) Even if there were,
there's still the little matter of TTG's IP rights -- they own XyWrite,
remember? Somebody (or entity) would have to license it from TTG first.
Any rich people (or entities) on the list? (Just asking.)

Maybe we should just wait for SmartWords and have the hackers port *that*
back to DOS....

Carl Distefano * * * CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx