Re: OT: Net traffic jams?

commented on this. As I understand it, they embed their message in an
image file with distorted text character images (pdf, peg, etc.)
rather than plain text or html.  Such files currently cannot be
scanned for spam. Additionally, there appear to be hidden robotic
programs being secretly installed on vulnerable computers which keep
automatically pucking this rancid offal onto the net day in and day
out.>
MailWasher Pro, available from www.firetrust.com is very effective
against rubbish; it has user-definable filters, and intelligent filters
which learn. You can filter for content, as well as for suspicious
source addresses. It also can be set to check well-known databases of
known spammers. Not perfect, but what is? After about two months of
teaching my Mailwasher Pro what to filter, it now identifies about 85%
of spam with very few false positives.
Incidentally, I've mentioned this before, but for those who may have
missed it, the combination of MailWasher Pro and ZoneAlarm has rendered
my AV program superfluous.