Search bug in XY4?

XY just did something that I usually only know from "Word" and
similar contraptions... it froze on me.
What I did was open XY4 to run a search/replace operation with
wild cards in a rather long file (too big, XY3 gave me an "out of
memory" message). But XY4 performed the first search with cv, but
the next time it said "File not found. STACK STACK STACK STACK STACK"
and *totally* froze the computer. So I had to get out with the 3-finger
salute. Is this something that I should know?
I use XY4 only for large files and complicated wildcard operations,
so I am not all that familiar with it.
TIA

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--Support the anti-spam amendment. Join at http://www.cauce.org/