Re: Programming request: delete to next X

Robert Holmgren  wrote:

> "Delete to next occurrence of [characters]" has existed in U2 since the
> beginning of time: frame DEFTO$. Put it on a key:

Actually, I sort of suspected that, but a search in the help file for
"delete" didn't turn it up. Again, it only shows that I didn't dig deep
enough in the ever amazing treasure trove that U2 is. Thanks for the
pointer, and thanks to Carl for further information and for customizing
the routine (yes, I am using U2 with Xy4DOS). Oh, and there's even more:
thanks to Harry, too, for putting something together from scratch.

Right now, I've gotta refasten the stringers on my boat, but as soon as
night falls (which it does early in the Southern Hemisphere at this
season) I will return to the computer and fiddle with putting all the
pieces together.

Hat raised in grateful salute,

Wolfgang Bechstein
bechstein@xxxxxxxx