Re: XP; MFC printers

Patricia wrote:
Has anybody ever used a multifunction printer (printer-fax combination;
current ones usually have copier and scanner functions too) that can
print from XyWrite?
Yes, the HP G55 works fine with Xy4DOS. Except that it doesn't seem to
want to print sizes over about 14pt (though it does print from there down
to even 4pt quite nicely). And it seems to want to use only one font. These
are probably due to my not having the right set up in Xy: I just tell XY
(in settings.dfl) that it is an HP4.
Which raises a question: what indeed *is* the best .prn file to use with a
modern deskjet? I tried HPDJ560C.PRN and it do any better than HP4-PLUS.PRN.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx