Re: XyWrite in Ubuntu Linux

peregrine wrote:
>To those who have expressed an interest in this (especially Patricia, Daniel
>and Stephen), please accept my very sincere thanks for the much-needed
>encouragement!

Please keep up the good work. I have been struggling to get Xywrite 3.55 to work on a Debian Linux
box using Dosbox, and could use your successful advice.

My problems are mostly getting the dosbox.conf file to mount the right directories correctly. This
is simple stuff, which I will eventually figure out on my own. However, your work to speed up the

I would also be interested in anyone who can figure out how to increase the window size of the
Dosbox/Xywrite window. You can run Xywrite full screen, but I don't like the look of the font in
that mode. If I can expand the window size, I would rather run Xywrite in a window.

Note to Robert Holmgren: it is my understanding that Ubuntu takes a very stable version of Debian
and makes it more user friendly. Thus, the two are similar but not identical.

Bob
4708 Montgomery Place
Beltsville, Maryland 20705
301-937-0394