Re: Ignorant keyboard question

Tim Baehr's reply suggests a simple solution to the program. I
have been using his enhanced menu-dialog combination files
(ENHANCE) for some time. It stores the filepaths of the last 15
files in my default document directory in a file named (in my
case) !SIVIN.$$$

All you have to do is put in the same directory (call it c:DOC)
as this file (call it !YOURNAME.$$$) a file called !YOURNAME.BAK,
containing the full specifications of the files that you want to
be instantly available, each on a separate line.
Then you put in your STARTUP.INT file two commands:

BX del C:\DOC\!YOURNAME.$$$ ;*;COMMENT
BX C:\DOC\!YOURNAME.BAK C:\DOC\!YOURNAME.$$$ ;*;COMMENT

where BX and Q2 are function calls, inserted in the file by the
command PFUNC BX or PFUNC Q2. The comment documents what you are
doing, and is necessary to keep the program from reading the CR
at the end of the line.

Thus every time you start XY, you have available a restored list
of the files, which you can call up by typing a simple command
(in my case, RE) or assign to a key. Once the list pops up, you
go to and highlight the one you want, and it instantly opens. New
files will be added to the top of the list as you call them, but
the procedure I have outlined gets rid of them the next time you
start the program.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin