IP anomaly (?)

I encountered a strange situation today, and wonder if anyone else has seen
it. Here's how to recreate it (I think): Set up a plain vanilla four-line
document thus:

 ≪IP1.0in,1.0in≫≪SZ10pt≫XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX
 ≪SZ20pt≫Y
 ≪IP≫
 Here is a line of test text to demonstrate the problem with XyWrite to be
resolved.

Put enough X's (or spaces) on line one so that the SZ20pt wraps to the left
margin of line two. There are hard returns at the end of lines 2, 3 and 4.

Go into Page-Line mode. Delete the SZ20pt. Then put it back in at the
same place. A portion of the sentence on line four will disappear. Go
into Draft mode; the entire sentence really is there. Go back to Page-Line
mode and print; some of the line four text will be missing from the printed
page.

Next: after deleting and replacing the SZ20pt (which will cause some of
the sentence on line four to disappear), add a few CR's after line three.
At some point, the missing text will pop back onto the screen.

I've been able to duplicate this on four different systems, with both PS
and PCL printer files loaded.

I saw this today for the first time in a long document with fairly complex
formatting; two key words were missing from a final print although they
were clearly in the document. By gradually removing commands, I was able
to come up with the "most simple case" document above.

Text that has been entered in a document and then mysteriously disappears
from the page is a potential disaster. I hope there's an explanation or a
workaround!

Many thanks.

     Tom Hawley
     tjh@xxxxxxxx