Re: Thanks to Carl...

Carl,

Thank you *very* much for the helpful and throughtful response.
My major problem has been forgetting what is need and how to do
it. I'll put your examples (indeed, the whole response) in my pgm
subdirectory for easy access.

Maybe your aside abot XyWin explains why my quick-and-dirty macro
for converting from Xy to LaTeX seemed to work perfectly in XyDOS
4.015 but kept missing things in XyWin. (Yes, it was one of those inelegant
CI things, but it got the job done and was very speedy when I
changed from BC to BX.)

Thanks again.

Myron