Re: Tweaking something...?

** Reply to message from "M.W. Poirier"  on Wed, 24
Mar 2004 23:35:06 -0400 (EDT)
I'm confused:

> All of the recommendations you make below were implemented
> from the start.

If so, why did you say this?

>> preliminarily, what do you have in REG at Variable 99Call= ?

> Nothing at the moment. I tried putting "c:\xy4\docs\ there.
> But it did not make a difference. What should be there?

In fact, the Data you have at Variable 99Call is what you're supposed to have.

Anyway, it looks like a memory problem. You report the value of "VA/NV $M+6"
is 11. That's too high. Mine is 4. For comparison, another user here was
routinely around 8, then he made some changes to the way he loads his system
(without losing anything), and now he's 2. He will _never_ have memory
problems again unless he does something foolish. But you will -- guaranteed.

Please post your whole STARTUP.INT file. Or send it to me privately.
Something is being loaded permanently and is chewing up memory. Try running
LISTSAVS and see what items are over 1000 bytes. Try running
KILLMEM -- watch the prompts! you have to manually run a program! --
and see whether that reduces mem consumption, and by how much...