Re: XY in DosBox (XP)

At 3/23/2004 11:09 PM -0500, Robert Holmgren wrote:
Some final thoughts: Let's see if it's related to your XyWrite settings.
REName STARTUP.INT as STARTUP.HLD, and then launch Xy4. Still two cursors? If
not... it's a setting. Then you just disable one load file at a time in INT,
to determine which one is triggering the behavior. Then you keep narrowing
down.

Here's my startup:

DEFAULT DR=C:\XY
LOAD C:\XY\SETTINGS.DFL (FF Q2)
LOGIN MICHAEL
LOAD C:\XY\PERS.SPL
LOAD C:\XY\XY4.MNU+C:\XY\XY4.DLG
SETP 1
LDSGT C:\XY\MIKE.SGT
LOAD C:\XY\XYWWWEB.U2
LOAD C:\XY\XY4.KBD
DSORT F,E
DIR
2.GetXyOS
NR
When I take out either SETTINGS.DFL *or* U2/GetXyOS the second cursor does NOT appear. (There are other problems as well, especially with U2, but let's deal with the cursor first. I'm sure my U2 settings need to be adjusted -- I migrated from a W98SE setup on a desktop to an XP Pro setup on a T41.)
Otherwise... try Alt-Entering back and forth FullScreen <==> Window. In
FullScreen, do you see normal mouse behavior?
Yes, sir. In full screen everything is fine.
Do you still have Tame installed? Try not loading it.

No. I did not install Tame, yet.

>Does the phantom cursor move at all? When does it move?

It stays on the command line, in column zero after the prompt.

Where on the CMline
is it? Always in the same spot? For example, is it in column 0 of the CMline,
right after the D:\PATH prompt?
 If you change directories, still in the same
position?

I'll check this.
 What happens when you issue DOS/NV -- still see it when in DOS?
Still see it after you come back to Xy?
When I issue either DOS or DOS/NV I get full screen DOS with no cursor. I
can type a command, but no cursor. When I *exit* back to the DosBox, XY is
gone, vanished, and I have a blank DosBox, literally blank, with a
*nervous* cursor, an erratically blinking cursor in the shape of a box.
To recap. I'm on a T41 in XP Pro. No Tame. No VPC. I created a shortcut
from editor.exe. The Cmd. Line reads only *C:\XY\Editor.EXE.

Thank you for thinking about this.

Michael Norman