Memory problem under XP

Hi everyone,
    This long-time lurker has just gotten an XP desktop from Dell and, when running XyDos 4, I am unable to load the spelling dictionary. Whenever I try to execute the "spell" command, or when XyWrite tries to automatically check the spelling of a word I've just typed, I get a "there is not enough memory to perform that function" error message. I have tried the default memory settings, very large memory settings across the board, and the setting recommended by Robert Holmgren:

Conventional: 640
Expanded: 5120
Extended: None
MS-Dos: Auto
Initial: Auto

All has been to no avail.

Less importantly, I've also been unable to solve the "keyboard did not accept new repeat rate settings" error message.  I've tried KS=0, 0 (recommended by Jim Eberle on 5/19/2003) and 10, 1 (recommended by Martin Osborne on 10/23/2002). My original settings were the default of 0, 1.

Thanks so much.
Robin