vDos sources still modifiable

To clarify:

1. The vDos nag only appears on systems where vDos accesses a network drive (and therefore probably
a commercial environment). Anyone who has XyWrite and the data files on the same computer with vDos
will never see the nag. (I’ve never seen it.)

2. Only one file in the vDos sources is now in binary format, and it has no effect on keyboard
management. Anyone can still modify and rebuild vDos in the same way that Peter did with previous
versions. I’ve done this myself with the small changes I make for my WordPerfect system.

3. So vDos is not ’open source’ in that one file in the sources is not
’open’ but that file is used only to display the nag screen and about box, so all
modifications can proceed exactly as before.