Re: Help -- Tilde

FYI - The tilde is the default Discretionary Hyphen (DH). If the "normal"
hyphination process gives a line break at an unwanted position, placing the DH at a
location within a word will cause a break at that point IF THE WORD APPEARS AT THE
END OF A LINE! If it appears at other than the end of line, the DH just doesn't
have any impact. Changing the DH to some other character if either the DFL, KBD or
PRN (I'm not sure which, look in all three to find which one) file will cause the
replacement character to have the attributes of the current tilde. This is what it
is used for.
Dick Giering

..... ...

> There is something special about the tilde -- I just
> > need to know what.