Re: Change Invisibles: migrating from Xy 3.55 to 4.017 (should be4.018)

TBaehr@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Peter -
> There's a way to search (and replace,I presume) function calls like bx and bc within "native" Xy4 - has to do with a switch on the search command. I don't have Xy4 here at the office, but I'll check when I get home and report (unless someone beats me to it). It may even be in the much-maligned and eschewed Xy4 menus/dialogs.

I got it, Tim! Page 3-59 of the Xy4DOS manual:

"Note #8. Searching for a function call. To search for a function call that i smapped to a key,
type the search command up to where you want to insert the function call; press SCROLL LOCK; press
the key associated with the function call you are searching for; press SCROLL LOCK again; complete
the search command. If you want to
search for a function call that is not assigned to a key, or if you want to put the search command
within a program, you have to use the following format:

se/fn |string mnstring|

where string (optional) is text that precedes or follows the function call and mn is the 2-character
function call. The /fn switch tells XyWrite that the serach contains a functoin call and the ascii
11 (male symbol) instructs XyWrite to interpret the next two characters as a function call."

Methinks most folks here will simply opt for the se/fn parameter and fuggeddaboudt scroll lock. Yes?

lb136@xxxxxxxx
New Address as of March 20, 20000!!!!
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600(phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)