some other parlor tricks with vDOS (?)

Hi Wengier,

While looking for something else the other day, I came across some older DOS (6.2 ?) utilities and other small standalone ones that absolutely refuse to load in 64-bit Win 7.  There will be an error message that they are  "not compatible with this version of Windows."  If I tried to create a shortcut for them on the desktop, I got a different error, something about being out of disk space, which makes absolutely no sense.  (I tried a couple of them at random in 32-bit W7, and these did run.)  If that holds up for the rest, this must be a 64-bit issue, rather than a Win 7 issue ?  These are mostly .COM files, rather than .EXEs.

This led me to wonder if vDOS might also provide a solution here ?  Ideally, I would run each from a distinct batch file that first initiates vDOS, runs the utility, and then terminates vDOS when I quit the program.   For the moment, this is more a proof of concept than any great need to run said programs -- although that could change.

   Jordan