Re: printer error messages

Harry Binswanger wrote:
I'd greatly appreciate being told of any error in either of them (which follow).
C:\>net use
New connections will be remembered.

Status    Local   Remote          Network
OK      K:    \\KRUMPET\Krumpet C    Microsoft Windows Network
OK      LPT2   \\Lita\Canonip1.2     Microsoft Windows Network
Well, first off, that first entry does NOT look like a printer;
it looks like a shared drive (though one should NEVER share C:;
another reason to partition). The command to map that printer on
your machine (assuming it's shared on Krumpet (which I assume is
your wife's machine? clever name) should be
net use lpt1 \\mywife'sPC\Canonpr /PERSISTENT:YES
substituting the appropriate names for "mywife'spc" and "Canonpr".

The command completed successfully.
"Lita" is the name of my computer. "Canonip1.2" is the name shown in the Sharing tab of Properties.

 From SETTINGS. DFL:
;
PP:4
LPT2  c:\xy\hpdj660c.prn   testing
LPT3  C:\XY\HP4-PLUS.PRN  BROTHER
LPT4  C:\XY\POST47.PRN  Postscript
LPT1  C:\xy\postghst.prn  Ghostprint
;
There are tabs between the items. I have set the printer both by the using the command SETP 1 and by navigating through Xy's menu that comes up when you just enter SETP.
If your USB port is mapped to lpt2, each printer driver you're
testing must be associated with lpt2 in the PP table. So edit it
each time you try a different driver.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx